Chicken Parmesan Pasta (in the crock pot)!
I may have a Chicken, Parmesan and Pasta problem. Those three ingredients easily become one of my favorite comfort foods. And, I’ve learned it doesn’t have to be a complicated process or recipe to indulge. It was bitter cold out, several days in a row, and I wanted something warm and comforting, but easy too.
I found a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta from damndelicious.net and voila. Chicken Parmesan Pasta heaven. Promise you, it’s simple to make and even easier to devour. If you love Italian fare, like me, this recipe will be on your menu often. See the cheese? Yeah, I know.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or a bit more)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (obviously, more)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, and place in crock pot
- Combine crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, parsley
- Stir into the slow cooker and gently toss to combine
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker; top with cheeses
- Cook on low heat an additional 10-20 min, or until cheeses have melted