House of Lights: lighting and home accents at affordable prices with personal service!

House of Lights

If you’ve ever driven by the House of Lights showroom onPayne Road in Scarborough, Maine, you’ve noticed the grand chandelier on display in their unmistakable tower. It’s really spectacular at night, but even during daylight hours, it’s impressive. It has a “wow” factor and leads you to think that House of Lights is a premium retailer that must cater to the lighting needs of Richy Rich and the like. Don’t make the mistake of driving by…not only does House of Lights have amazing ballroom type chandeliers, they also have a huge selection of lighting and home accents for the rest of us. You NEED to stop in.

Affordably priced, House of Lights offers top quality lighting fixtures and their newly renovated showroom is outstanding.

Different vignettes (individually designed by employees) showcase an unlimited amount of lighting options and will give you so many new ideas on how to light your home!

Get ready to be impressed.

House of Lights

You’ll find the perfect lighting to complete or accent any room in your house.

House of Lights

Or maybe you’ll find inspiration for a whole new look.

House Of Lights

There is a lighting solution for every room in (and outside) your house at House of Lights: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living or dining room, media room; even outside lighting and landscaping options abound!

House of Lights

If you need subtle suggestions or even require some hand-holding when it comes to choosing the right light, the experienced and personable staff is there to help. While House of Lights is a relatively small, family-owned business (since 1955), these knowledgeable lighting consultants have over 100 years of combined experience.  If you have a question about a lighting fixture or design, they’ll have the answer.

House of Lights specialists are available for design help and layout services. They can even accommodate offsite appointments for your convenience.

House of Lights

Strolling through the showroom, you’ll find gorgeous lighting fixtures in all types and sizes and at reasonable prices that are comparably priced to online retailers. One of the best aspects to making a visit to the House of Lights is that you can see and touch the fixture before you commit to making a purchase. Ordering light fixtures, sight unseen, can be dangerously disappointing and a visit to House of Lights gives you the opportunity to see your options and ask questions before buying.

The talents of some local New England artisans are featured at House of Lights too and the relationship with artisans is only growing. Not to be missed, the custom pieces of these craftsman can add a personal touch to any room.

House of Lights

These coastal themed table lamps by Barbara Gayle Lamps (of South Portland, Maine) showcase the natural beauty of Maine with collections of native seashells and seaglass or driftwood. The imprinted nautical map shade lends to the full beach effect!

Belfast Bay Shade Company

Handcrafted lampshades from Belfast Bay Shade Company (Belfast, Maine), are distinctive and serve as a vibrant accent! They are designed to fit a wide variety of different light fixtures: floor lamps, bridge lamps, table lamps, pendants for track lighting, and hardwired ceiling canopies.

George Scratchard Pottery

Unique hand made pottery lamps from George Scatchard Pottery (Underhill, Vermont) are beautiful accent pieces that will catch everyone’s eye. Hand forged, these table lamps will personalize your space. You can choose from pottery or statue base lamps. And if you’re looking for something more abstract, this custom hammered lamp from the modern day blacksmiths of Hubbardton Forge (Castleton, Vermont) is distinctly different!

lamps

I’ve only given you a glimpse into all of the lighting options available at House of Lights! Walking through the updated showroom will give you so many ideas on how best to finish any room. Honestly, House of Lights is a destination location for all of your lighting needs. With good, better, and best options, House of Lights highlights value and personal service. With competitive pricing, you’ll find lights in your price range and of the best value-engineered design. P.S. Many of their lights are made in the US.

Everyone needs lights and, truly, everyone should shop House of Lights for the best pricing and the widest variety!

If you remember, I’m mid-remodel in our master bathroom. I found the perfect light fixture at House of Lights. Be sure to check back to see how amazing it looks!

And, don’t forget to follow House of Lights on Facebook and to subscribe to their YouTube channel for the latest happenings and information! You can visit the showroom at 418 Payne Road, Scarborough, Maine between 9am-6pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays between 9am-5pm!

Where in your home could you use new light fixtures?

1. I recently went to an auction and won a chandelier set. It is so lovely and the ones here are even more beautiful. I wouldn’t know what to get.

2. brianna says:

HAHA. I ahve to admit whenever I see one of these light fixture stores I always wonder what their electric bill costs. I mean all those lights on all day and night

3. The light fixtures just beautiful! I also like the way that the furniture in some of these homes look!

4. My dad is always looking for exotic new lamps to buy! I will share this with him!

5. aurora says:

Oh my gosh! I love going to Furniture stores! I always want to buy the most expensive lamp because they feel so at home.

6. Mardene Carr says:

Ooooooooooooh you make me want to sit down. I am looking at lights currently for house renovations and I am so excited…LOL

• SavingCmnCents says:

House of Lights is such a great resource for all your lighting needs! It is fun to pick out your favorite designs!

7. Amy Jones says:

Amazing lighting, it can really be a make-or-break deal for a house deal.

8. Pamela says:

My husband loves lights! A fun night for him would be to walk through and look at all these lights. What a variety! I love all the bling and the handcrafted shades.

• SavingCmnCents says:

A trip really makes for a great outing that will leave you with so many new ideas about changing up your home’s lighting!

9. Kathy says:

That sounds like a great place for lighting. I love how they have so many different varieties. I have never heard of this place, so I’ll have to check it out.

10. Aziel Morte says:

lights was so creative, I love going to the light stores it makes amaze me.

11. Andrea says:

The light fixtures are just simply lovely – but I’m also looking at the way that the furniture in some of these homes are arranged

• SavingCmnCents says:

Didn’t they do an amazing job setting up some of the vignettes? I want to recreate these “rooms” in my home!

12. Jacqui says:

A lot of great lights in the pictures! I think it’s time for me to upgrade my office and kitchen lights.

13. Rebecca says:

I’ve driven by this place many times and never went inside. I had assumed they would be out of my price range. Seeing the pictures you have posted and hearing they can fit all budgets, I certainly won’t pass them by again. I also had no idea they showcased one of a kind pieces made by local artists. Excellent write up and very persuasive! Thanks!!

• SavingCmnCents says:

They really do have so many options in all sorts of different price ranges! It’s definitely worth stopping in!

14. Lexie Lane says:

These are beautiful lighting fixtures. We are moving to a new house and we definitely need new fixtures. I will check this out.

15. Lighting affects the overall look of the room. It can also change the mood of a room. These are awesome lighting fixtures.

• SavingCmnCents says:

I completely agree! Whatever effect you are looking to create, you really can find it at House of Lights!

16. Nicole Escat says:

There’s nothing like good lighting inside the house! I love the impact that lights have on any room and it’s good to have a lot of choices especially when you’re renovating. This is a great place to shop for lights!

17. Those designs are stunning. They’re bordering along antique and modern styles and that’s what I like. I’ll be sure to check out more from their Facebook page!

18. Bernadette says:

We have a huge lighting store here but I am afraid to go in lol. From the outside it is amazing! Love a good lightening store.

• SavingCmnCents says:

I’ve learned from House of Lights that it’s a great idea to go and see your lighting options for sure! Their showroom is perfect size…not too overwhelming, but with tons of options to check out!

19. Liz mays says:

There’s pretty much a look to suit anyone’s style. I really love that!

20. I like odd pieces designs when it comes with lighting, it makes every room looks different from each other. 🙂

21. The world map lamp shades are so creative!

22. Rebecca says:

House of Lights sounds and looks like a great place to shop for any type of light fixtures. The coastal themed table lamps with the shades are just gorgeous. I love the customer services they provide and that they showcase local artisans. Thanks for sharing this awesome store.

• SavingCmnCents says:

It really is a great store full of different designs. The customer service is top-notch and make you feel completely comfortable!

23. I have three new lights to be put up at my house, just waiting to find two more ‘right’ ones before I have the electrican over

• SavingCmnCents says:

I would definitely suggest stopping in to see the recently renovated House of Lights showroom or at the very least to visit their website to browse for your last two pieces! 🙂

The lighting play a huge part on how your house will turn out, aside from that it also adds to how your house would feel when you enter a room. It’s definitely good to have a lot of choices for lighting. This store is perfect!

25. Eva says:

What awesome lighting, I could get lost looking at them all, and get into trouble over spending.I love beautiful lighting.

26. Melisa says:

I love walking around lighting stores, looking at all the fixtures. This one sounds nice.

27. Laura says:

Such a beautiful collection. I love the chandeliers.

28. tara says:

My master bath needs new lights. This looks like a place that has something for everyone.

29. Sarah says:

I would love to have some new lighting in the home, there are so many amazing choices of lighting that can really change the feel of the room. x

30. Lyndsey says:

wow there are some really stunning light fittings there!

31. Enricoh says:

this place looks amazing!
    Would be cool to get a chandelier from there for our kitchen

32. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

I was just talking to my husband about how I want a small chandelier/fixture for my dining room. There is one of those small ones like you’d find in a bathroom there now, but I want something bigger and better.

33. Fi Ni Neachtain says:

So many gorgeous light fixtures they have to offer. I’d love to get new lights in all the rooms in my house actually.