Escape to the Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown!

hiltonfreeport1

Have you been to Freeport, Maine? This bustling coastal Maine town is full of fun. Known for being an outlet shopping mecca, Freeport offers outlets (J. Crew, Jockey, Nine West, Nordica, The North Face and so many more), the L.L. Bean Flagship Store, plus locally owned gems like Earrings & Company and Coastal Maine Popcorn (to name just a few). Seriously, you can shop til you drop. Being close to the water, there are endless outdoor adventures too. Whatever you decide to do while you’re here, you’re visit needs to include a night (or two, three, or four) at the newest hotel in town, the Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

After pulling up to the cul-de-sac entrance, you’ll enter a warm and welcoming foyer that leads to the front desk, manned by friendly and helpful staff, ready to make your stay memorable. After just a few minutes, you’ll be checked in (with a complimentary bottle of water) and ready to enjoy everything the Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown offers.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

A wine list greets you at the entrance for that perfect afternoon or early evening glass. There is fruit infused water available too for a non-alcoholic option. If you’re looking for a reprieve to go with that drink, there is a cozy bar area right off the foyer for some casual relaxation.

hilton11

If you’re ready to head straight to your room, there are 99 guest rooms and suites ready for your stay. You’ll find your room spotlessly clean and filled with everything you need; plenty of towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner, a Keurig coffee maker, a small refrigerator and microwave, a 37″ HDTV, free WiFi,  and the best pillows you’ll ever lay your head on. They even have a smart NEST thermostat for the easiest way to adjust the room temperature to your liking.

hilton12

How do I know all about the best hotel in Freeport, Maine? The Hubs and I got a night away from our 3 kid circus at home and opted to spend some quality time together at Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown. And, I can’t wait to go back.

We walked into our room to find a beautiful cheese and berry plate and two bottles of Prosecco. This was my introduction to the dangerously delicious Italian white wine and I’m convinced we will continue an avid love affair. This generous gesture by the hotel was such a welcome treat!

hilton10

There was also a gift bag filled with some late night munchies like microwave popcorn, pretzels, and gummy bears with a handy map outlining all of the best shopping spots in Freeport.

We spent our evening in with glasses of wine, bites of cheese, sweet berries, and a few gummy bears, perusing the map of shops…making our plans for a Sunday together, just me and my guy. Our night away was just what we needed to reconnect and relax. We enjoyed a great night’s sleep and I didn’t open an eye before 7:30am (that’s totally sleeping in for us).

Seriously, I wanted to bring those pillows home. They are amazing.

After finally convincing ourselves to get out of that glorious bed, we decided to see what was for breakfast. A stroll downstairs to the Garden Grille did not disappoint. With a complimentary Sunday paper in hand, we were seated and served hot, fresh cups of coffee with good morning smiles all around.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

We had our choice of traditional Continental Breakfast fare (cereals, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries, juices, and milk) or something hot including pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, or omelets.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

We opted for the made-to-order omelets with farm fresh eggs and our choice of vegetables and bacon, sausage, or ham. With a side of breakfast potatoes, this was the best breakfast I’ve had in awhile (that I didn’t have to cook). Our huge omelets were generously filled with vegetables and cheese and each bite melted in my mouth. It was such a pleasant morning…quiet conversation and a delicious breakfast made for a wonderful start to our day!

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

We made a point to check out some of the many amenities at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Freeport while we were there. The indoor heated pool and hot tub is a comfortable size and is central to the hotel for easy access.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

There is a sizeable and modern fitness room available to guests, as well, complete with treadmills, free weights, balls, and even a stash of fresh towels.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

One more aspect of this hotel that deserves a mention is their meeting and event facilities. If you’re in need of a comfortable space for your meeting or event, they can host an impressive 300 guests in over 6,500 well-decorated square feet.

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

The tasteful decor of their meeting rooms is perfect for your business or organization meetings and their larger event space would make for a great wedding venue (especially with the park located next door).

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown

Suffice it say, you will not want for anything during your stay at this hotel. We slept incredibly well, enjoyed a variety of amenities, and definitely we’re impressed by the menu and the quality of service we received. We’ll be planning another night away (maybe a weekend) at the Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown, in the near future.

1. Oh gosh. I wish I will be able to have the chance to spend holidays there – it just seems to be so worth it and relaxing!

2. Jenn Peters says:

I’ve never been to Freeport, but the Hilton looks like a lovely place to stay. We’ve always had the absolute best hotel experiences with Hilton hotels. The staff and accomdations are the best.

3. Whenever I stay at a hotel, breakfast is a big thing for me. I love when you have choices, and made-to-order omelets are always a plus. Looks like I would have loved that breakfast.

4. Janna says:

I frequently stay at Hyatt or Marriott hotels but I will definitely check this out whenever I visit Freeport. How nice of them to put out a cheese plate and 2 bottles of wine for your arrival! Love simple gestures like that. 🙂

5. Tami says:

Hubby and I have been wanting to get away … just the two of us. We’ve never been to Maine, nor anywhere close. Maybe we’ll make a reservation to this very place.

6. Chris Hoov says:

I would like to visit there one day with my husband, for sure he would love that place.

7. Hannah says:

This seems like a really snazzy place to stay. I love that they have a pool and a hot tub. Id love to spend a weekend here for sure.

8. Jennifer says:

I have never been to Freeport but if I visit I will know where to stay! This hotel has such a beautiful look, I really enjoy smaller hotels as they have a more “homey” vibe. My favorite part about staying at a hotel are the beds – SO fluffy!

9. Sage says:

Last time I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn was in Baltimore about six years ago, and it was awful! It looks like they’ve stepped up their game. I live overseas now, and have avoided booking Hilton Garden Inn on my visits back to the US, but maybe it’s time to give them another shot! Thanks for your review 🙂

10. brianna says:

I LOVE staying at Hilton Hotels. I have never had a bad experience at one of their hotels.

11. ricci says:

I love Hilton Garden Inns!! They are all gorgeous and homey and just plain nice to stay in. This one looks like it would be a great little vacay destination.

12. Michelle says:

How cute, I have never been to Maine. We have stayed at Hilton Garden Inns before, and yes they are perfect for weekend trips.

13. Michele D says:

Looks like a cozy place for an overnight stay. I’ve never stayed in Freeport but I have stayed in the Hilton chain. Always felt comfortable at their hotels.

14. Jeanine says:

Wow! Looks like a great place to stay. It’s a little far from my neck of the woods but if I was heading to the US I’d love to stay somewhere like this!

15. Chantal says:

I have never been to Freeport but this hotel is so nice. I like smaller hotel with nice architecture like this one.

16. Miles L. says:

I haven’t been in Freeport. This inn looks beautiful! Maybe, if ever my family decide to go to Freeport, we will give this inn a try.

17. travel blogger says:

I absolutely love Maine! It is so beautiful and full of great sea food! I will have to check out this hotel the next time I am there.

18. coolchillmom says:

I would so want to take those pillow with me too, and I didn’t try them out yet! I need to make my way to Freeport!

19. I’ll have to stay at the Hilton if I’m ever lucky enough to travel there. It looks like my kind of place to stay and relax in. Very clean looking and I’m picky about that.

20. I have never been to Maine at all, and have always wanted to go there. I love when the hotel offers a nice hot breakfast like this, it lets you start out the day full and saves you some money.

21. Main has always been on my must go places list. The Hilton looks like a beautiful place to stay. It will have to go on my list of where to stay for sure.

22. Star Traci says:

Wow! That place looks fabulous. Beautiful rooms, great breakfast, and a wonderful pool! Yeah, it is going on the travels list. We are hoping to make it up to Maine this summer.
    🙂
    Traci

23. Hilton Garden Inns are only just now being introduced into the UK and although I haven’t yet stayed at one my parents were very pleasantly surprised by their recent stay at one location. Hilton can be very hit and miss as a brand in the UK so it is always good to hear recommendations on where people would stay.

24. That looks like an awesome place to stay! I’ve never been to Freeport!

25. This hotel seems like a nice place to and he away for a while.

Everything looks lovely. I like the Hilton brand. I have never been disappointed with one of their hotels.

27. Kimberly says:

I would love, love, love to visit Maine! Actually, it’s on my bucket list. 😉 The hotel looks gorgeous. I’m sure the scenery was just as pretty!

28. Carol Bryant says:

I know where this is! I have not stayed there but am familiar with it. Very lovely!

29. That looks like an awesome place to stay! I think Freeport would be a nice vacation spot.

30. keikilani says:

What a beautiful and relaxing hotel! Love the cheese and fruit plate. So glad you had a nice weekend away.

31. That looks like a nice hotel with everything you need for an enjoyable stay. I really hate when it is the other way around!!

32. andrea says:

seriously – it makes me wish that i was already there – so if i ever get up to that part of the country…. 🙂

33. It looks like a great place to stay, and that omelette looks delicious!

34. Pam says:

That looks like a really nice hotel. I love the cheese and berry plate, that was a nice touch.

35. Tamara says:

My two favorites – made to order omelets and breakfast potatoes!
    Also, you had me at popcorn.
    I’ve never been to Freeport but it’s only about 3 hours from here, with change. We often go more inland to see moose, but I want to take my kids to coastal Maine.

36. Ooh, that looks like such a warm and cozy place. I’d love to spend the day shopping and then spend a relaxing night there.

37. We were in Freeport last October, but just for a day. I would LOVE to spend a weekend up there this spring and will definitely stay here if we do 🙂