Get your popcorn fix from Coastal Maine Popcorn Co.!

coastal maine popcorn co.

When you think of Maine, you probably conjure up images of fresh-caught lobsters, buckets of clams, bushels of blueberries, and fields of potatoes. But, do you think of popcorn?

You should.

The Coastal Maine Popcorn Co. is Maine’s leading popcorn retailer. Locally owned, you can find the original location in Boothbay Harbor (opened in 2008), and two newer stores in the Old Port in Portland, and on Main Street in Freeport. I stopped in to check out what was popping in Freeport and found a true popcorn haven.

With an incredible selection of different flavors (sweet, savory, and chocolates), there is a favorite for every popcorn-loving palate. Mine include Dill Pickle, Roasted Garlic & Sea Salt, Maine Maple, Marshmallow Krispy Treat, and White Chocolate Raspberry (to name just a few). My kiddos LOVE Cotton Candy!

coastal maine popcorn co.

Whatever the flavor, all Coastal Maine Popcorn Co. popcorn is air-popped and made from GMO-Free corn and there are several varieties that are dairy-free. Currently, all flavors are gluten-free too (with the exception of S’mores). Trying samples is highly encouraged and you’ll get to watch your popcorn be packaged right in front of you. Not only does their popcorn taste amazing (just like the flavors they are supposed to be), it’s a healthier snacking option!

Whether you need just a snack or are looking to bring something special to a get-together, you’ll find the perfect size. You can purchase small (4-6 cups), large (9-10 cups), and x-large (18-20 cups) size bags or if you’re curious about trying different flavors, there are Sampler Packs too!

The gallon and 3.5 gallon tins, Popcorn of the Month Club, and Club Cans would all make for an incredible gift for your foodie friends and family. Seriously, who doesn’t like popcorn? P.S. They even offer fundraising programs for your organization!

If you have a special occasion coming up, definitely think Coastal Maine Popcorn Co.!

coastal maine popcorn co.

Hosting a baby or bridal shower? Getting married? Throwing a birthday bash? Your guests will love a personalized popcorn gift! Whether you choose your popcorn party favors based on flavor or color, it will be a highlight of your event! With a personalized label on each bag, you can make your party that more memorable.

My daughters love Monster High so I had to showcase this example! This is the perfect party favor for our next birthday celebration!

party favors

Even if you’re not local to any of the three locations, you can order online directly from Coastal Maine Popcorn Co.’s website.

If you are local, I highly recommend “popping” in to try some free samples and bring home your favorites! Be sure to let the kids know that they can stop in too! Coastal Maine Popcorn Co.’s Freeport location offers a fun (and safe) High School Happy Hour! Students in surrounding area high schools can come in Monday thru Friday (2:30-4:30pm) and get a small bag of sweet or savory popcorn and a drink for just $4!  With FREE Wi-Fi, this is a great spot for kids to get some homework done, take a break, and hang with friends after school.

coastal maine popcorn co.
Popcorn friends, you need to check out Coastal Maine Popcorn Co.! You will love all the different flavor options. Think Buffalo Wing for your Superbowl party, Chocolate Covered Strawberry for Valentine’s Day, Eggnog or White Chocolate Cranberry for Christmas, and Wasabi Soy for well, just because.

You can connect with Coastal Maine Popcorn Co. on Facebook, Twitter at @coastalmainepopcorn, and at @coastalmainepopcornco on Instagram!

1. LauraFunk says:

I need to get my kids on the popcorn of the month club. They love popcorn!

2. angie says:

looks like an amazing place to visit . We were once popular for own popcorn factory in ridgeway illinois Thanks for sharing and educating us on just one more thing that Maine is great at
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

3. Eileen says:

I absolutely love popcorn looks like a great store

4. Angie says:

That’s so much fun! I’ve had a hard time with popcorn because I don’t like it getting stuck in my teeth. However, I’d make an exception for some of these flavors!

5. Mardene Carr says:

You had me at handmade and non GMO…sometimes we forget that we can be healthy and safe at the same time

6. rika says:

Sounds like an awesome popcorn store. My kids love popcorn!

7. If you ever come across GArretts, it is one of the best kind that I have ever tried. This one on your blog looks nice though. I’d defiinitely give this a shot.

8. John Milnes says:

My daughter has her popcorn on a Sunday as part of a family thing we have going. I need to test some of these flavours on her. 😉

Thanks for Sharing.

John M

9. Michelle T says:

I love popcorn. I especially love carmel popcorn the best. But I have never tried any other flavors. I would definitely like to try the chocolate flavor out for sure. Never been to Maine yet but it is on my bucket list of places to go.

• SavingCmnCents says:

As a native Mainer, I’d definitely encourage you to come visit! 🙂 Freeport is a quaint shopping village and you’ll want to “pop” in to Coastal Maine Popcorn for sure! lol

10. Echo says:

Oh my goodness, all of those gourmet popcorn flavors have me drooling over here. I would love to try the Dill Pickle or the Crispy Marshmallow! Separate of course, not together, LOL!

11. Nancy L. says:

Oh my! I could go crazy at Coastal Maine! When are they coming to Ohio? Nevermind, I can’t wait! I’ll just have to order from them online and wait for the fabulous taste & smell of popcorn to arrive! lol

12. Shaylee says:

Now I’m craving popcorn! haha We don’t have anything like this near by but I wish we did!

13. Amy Jones says:

I love popcorn in any presentation and I think all of these seem delicious

14. The popcorn shop looks like so much fun! I use to eat a lot of Caramel Corn, and cheese popcorn. I haven’t had any in a long time though.

I’m a huge popcorn fan. Never found a flavor I didn’t like. 🙂

16. Melissa says:

I have always been a big fan of popcorn and am always interested in all of the flavor options there are. When I was a kid I heard about cheddar and caramel only. I thought that was quite a treat but man they have so many flavors these days, how could you try them all?

17. I love popcorn! I love that they have so many different varieties. These are great for birthday parties! It can easily be personalized for any celebration!

18. We love popcorn and this sounds like a great store. I wish we had one of these stores here.

19. lexie lane says:

That is really cool popcorn store! I want it. Will check this out.

20. I miss having a KarmelKorn location. We had one when I was growing up, but they all closed. You’re lucky to have a gourmet popcorn retailer! Looks very tasty.

21. Jonathan Key says:

Wow I wish we had one of these near us! Sounds so yummy and delicious. Love all the pictures too!

22. The roasted garlic and sea salt sounds like the best one mmmm delicious!

23. Milena says:

You had me at non-GMO! I love popcorn treats!

24. Eugenia says:

I love popcorn and this selection of flavors is simply amazing!What a great store!

25. april grant says:

Looks like a great pop corn store. I love pop corn cheese flavor please

26. Carol Bryant says:

Did you try the white chocolate raspberry? I would love to have some of that flavor. I would like to order some. Thanks for the link.

• SavingCmnCents says:

The White Chocolate Raspberry is so good! I love the chocolate flavor with raspberry undertones! It’s a really nice treat!

27. Sarah says:

Looks delicious. I found out I have a ton of food allergies including corn and I’d have to say, I miss popcorn the most!

Flip Flops and Furs

28. Rocio Chavez says:

OMG I would be in so much trouble. Popcorn is my go to snack just as is, but add all these fabulous flavors and I don’t know what I would do with myself. But so happy you shared this find because now I know where to go for that special treat or gift for a loved one.

29. I like how they personalize the popcorn. I can’t choose between all the flavors. They all look so delicious

30. The most amazing thing is the variety of flavors. I always wonder how they manage to get the popcorn to taste pretty much like the odd flavors. Go figure!

31. Jennifer says:

Popcorn is one of my favorite treats so I would go nuts in this store! I dont think that there is a type of popcorn out there that I would not like. Maybe I will have to take a road trip and visit this little place.

32. Mmm, Buffalo Wing style popcorn! Sounds delish. What a great concept. In Canada we have Kernels but it’s nothing like this.

33. Still trying to wrap my head around all the various types of popcorns there are now! Unbelievable. 🙂

I love the huge selection of flavors and the packaging too! Definitely worth a try! Thanks for sharing!

35. Deanna says:

I’ll definitely look into this. My son’s girlfriend loves popcorn.

36. andrea says:

butter butter and more butter – if i don’t have butter on ANY popcorn….this looks like an interesting link to check out 🙂

37. I do love me some popcorn. I am all for trying new flavor and having fin with it as well. Must check this out.

38. I love popcorn, and sometimes I go to the movies just so I can have popcorn! I definitely have to look into this! It sounds amazing!

39. tara pittman says:

I love the price for refills when you buy their can. I love popcorn!

40. Ashley Sparks Mullins says:

Everything sounds so yummy! I love popcorn. And the Marshmallow Krispy Treat sounds very tasty! Wish there was a store in KY!

I was up in the Freeport store this past October and bought out half the place. Their popcorn is AWESOME.

42. WOW…what an awesome popcorn store. Wish we had one of these in Canada!!