Easy Roasted Acorn Squash #recipe
I’m grateful that my kiddos like veggies.; even the typically kid-boycotted vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and squash. Making this delicious side dish without having to peel, chop, steam, and mix means it is on the menu way more often at our house. All I do is slice an acorn squash in half, sprinkle some sugar and spice and add a dot of butter. I let it roast in the oven for an hour and it’s ready to eat!
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut in half
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp packed light or dark brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise,scrape out the seeds.
- Coat the flesh of each half with 1 piece of butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Spoon the brown sugar and remaining butter pieces into the squash.
- Roast 45 min to 1 hour, until fork-tender.
*This recipe is adapted from Chowhound.com