Clean out that drawer full of old and new batteries with the Volmate battery tester! #batterytester

vomate

I have a drawer full of batteries of all different sizes; some work and some don’t. They have accumulated from toys and gadgets that no longer work (yet, I suspect the batteries are fine and take them out for something else) and from buying multi-packs and not needing all of them immediately. Now I have literally dozens of batteries that I try to use on everything and sometimes it works and sometimes it’s bust. Since there is no power indicator on batteries, it’s always been a guessing game. Except now I have the Volmate Battery Tester to fix this conundrum!

After doing a little Google research, I have learned a few things about storing batteries which is awesome because we have a lot of battery operated equipment in our house (hence LOTS of batteries).

• Whenever possible, keep your batteries in the original packaging.
  • Store batteries with their negative and positive terminals AWAY from each other.
  • Store new and old batteries separately to avoid power being drawn from the new ones, shortening its life.
  • Leave any plastic caps on your batteries (like the 9V ones) on until you need them.
  • Keep them in a cool, dry place averaging around 60 degrees (not the freezer contrary to popular belief…condensation is bad for batteries).
  • If you are not going to be using any battery-operated appliance for a month, remove the appliance’s batteries.

volmate2

Now that I know a lot more about how to take care of batteries, it’s time to go through the drawer and figure out which ones are still good and which ones need to be tossed out. It’s a simple process using a Volmate Battery Tester. This compact and handheld device has an easy to read display that indicates the life of the battery positioned in the “vice” like opening. With  Good, Low, and Replace/Recharge as the options, it’s obvious within seconds whether or not the battery is a keeper. It can be used to test standard and rechargeable 9V, AA, AAA, C, D, and 1.5V button type batteries and while it’s not voltage specific, this gadget works great for my needs. It has proved to be really helpful and has lined me up to handle all the new battery-operated toys that will surely arrive under the tree this Christmas.

Ready to clean out your battery drawer? You can find the Volmate Battery Tester available on Amazon.com at a very affordable price. This tester will pay for itself after saving you from throwing out just a few batteries that were perfect fine.

1. Wildish Jess says:

I use to have a battery tester and it was the most handy thing ever! I need to get another one!

2. Stephanie says:

My parents have one of these – I think they’ve had it since the 80s haha. Anyway, it’s one of their favorite things. I should get them a new one for Christmas. Theirs has to be about finished!

3. Chantal says:

This would be a great stocking stuffer! This may be perfect for my husband’s stocking!

4. This would so come in handy. My family throws the old ones in with the new ones and half the time I get dead batteries.

5. Marts says:

There are batteries in our home that needs to be checked first before they are disposed. Who knows if they are still usable? This is a great product 🙂

6. I need to get one of these! I’ve been suspecting that some of the discounted batteries I purchased were no longer still good.

7. Michele D says:

With the Holiday season coming up I need to grab one of these. So helpful when checking old batteries. A must have!

8. Miles L. says:

This tool is very handy. I have a lot of batteries at home and it is such a waste to throw them away without testing them first.

9. This is a really cool and handy gadget, I know my parents have a box full of batteries old and new and it is always hard to tell which are still working

Wow, that would actually be super handy. I bought a pack of batteries with built-in meters and they say 100% full no matter how much I use them. It’s frustrating!

11. Heather says:

This is such a cool and practical gift. I’ll have to get this for my husband as a stalking stuffer.

12. Regan says:

This is such a great product! We also have a bunch of random batteries in the junk drawer and who knows if they all work or not.

13. What a clever little gadget! This would come in handy for sure. I have a junk drawer full of batteries!

14. Jennifer says:

I know I’ve probably thrown out so many good batteries but without knowing if they were good or bad. We definitely need this in my house

15. Jaime Nicole says:

I could SO use this. I go through a lot of batteries with my external flash but I always wonder if there is enough power left in them to use on other devices – this would let me know!

16. Bri says:

I could definitely use this because switching batteries in and out of my remote control to see if they work is really time consuming.

17. Angelic Sinova says:

Where has this been all my life?! I have drawers and drawers of old batteries lying around and I know some of them probably have a little juice left in them <3

18. Okay, I love this! I never knew such a thing was created! I need one of these. I have batteries all around my house!!