You’re never too old for Green Eggs and Ham with a Dr. Seuss Costume!

catinthehat

My family loves all the Dr. Seuss classics, but The Cat in the Hat is our favorite! Every year around the first of March we do something fun to celebrate the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, Dr. Seuss. This year we made a batch of Green Eggs and Ham and we even served these yummy little muffin cups in appropriate fashion with a Dr. Seuss costume!

greeneggsandham

We opted for this simple and tasty way to commemorate a very important birthday with eggs, broccoli (for the green), cubed ham, and cheddar cheese baked into a muffin cup!

5.0 from 6 reviews
You're never too old for Green Eggs and Ham with a Dr. Seuss Costume!
Author:
Recipe type: Brunch
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1 doz

Ingredients
  • 8 eggs
  • ½ cup milk
  • 6oz frozen broccoli, chopped
  • 2 cups chopped ham
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • pepper (to taste)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray (or use silicone muffin pan).
  3. Beat eggs with wisk and add milk (just like you are making scrambled eggs).
  4. Add broccoli, ham, and ½ cup shredded cheese.
  5. Using a measuring cup, fill each muffin cup to full.
  6. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
  7. Sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
  8. Bake for 34 minutes or until eggs are firm and golden brown.
  9. Serve it up in your Dr. Seuss costume (for added fun)!

Our Green Eggs and Ham were a hit and the kids had a ball with the Cat in the Hat outfit! The red and white striped tall hat, oversized red bow tie, and pair of white gloves made for the perfect Dr. Seuss birthday celebration! My daughter will be wearing the outfit to school on March 2nd for even more Dr. Seuss fun! No doubt everyone, young and old(er), will recongize her as one of their favorite characters!

catinthehat1

1. What a cute costume, and your green eggs and ham look great! How super creative and a great way to celebrate Dr. Seuss!

2. I used to read Green eggs and ham to my kids all the time I think we read the book probably 1000 more times

3. Kristin says:

Now I feel like having green eggs and ham for dinner!

4. So cute. I love that you used broccoli in there too- my daughter’s absolute favorite 🙂

5. I like that you ised broccoli to make rh eggs grwen inatead of dye!

Those green eggs and ham actually look great. That’s the perfect costume for them too!

7. What a great alternative instead of cold cereal. We love Dr. Seuss !

8. She looks like a wonderful Cat in the Hat! I have always been a fan of that Dr. Seuss book especially.

9. You version of green eggs and ham look delicious! I will have to try this out soon!

10. Dawn says:

That costume is adorable! I love Dr. Seuss.

11. Melissa Vera says:

I love the Dr. Seuss outfit. This looks like a lot of fun.

12. Courtney says:

Love Dr. Seuss and a yummy recipe too? Great ideas!

13. Love the giant hat and what an amazingly yummy recipe!

14. I think that is such a cute idea. I would have thought of using food coloring but broccoli is such a great idea.

15. One of my favorite ways to make eggs, especially for the kids, is in a muffin tin. This recipe is easy and sounds delicious.

Such a fun way to celebrate. We really like Dr. Suess here. I think we should make green eggs and ham. 🙂

17. What a fun way to bring DR. Seuss story to life. Nice yummy recipe also.

18. lisa says:

This is a really great recipe! Looks delicious!

19. this is such a cute costume and love that she is eating green eggs and ham. What an amazing author.

20. Lorane says:

Eggs , Ham & Cheese is the greatest Breakfast combination. This is a quick and easy Recipe. The Cat in the Hat Costume is really cute

21. becca says:

What a fun picture. Nothing better then celebrating the wonderful works and man Dr. seuss.

22. Rachee says:

That is such a cute costume! And what creative way to make Green Eggs and Ham.

23. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

That is such a cute costume! And you’e right – you’re never too old to celebrate one of the greatest children’s authors of all time.

24. Debbie L. says:

Great way to celebrate Dr. Seuss Birthday – Green Eggs and Ham. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

25. Bismah says:

Great ideas and a nice choice for a birthday theme! Looks like so much fun and the costume is really adorable!

26. Kerri says:

I love the recipe! I will have to make these treats for my girls.

27. Oh yes the fun time of the month…celebrating Dr. Seuss birthday!!!

Fantastic pic of your Dr Seuss. Love the ideas.