You’re never too old for Green Eggs and Ham with a Dr. Seuss Costume!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
My family loves all the Dr. Seuss classics, but The Cat in the Hat is our favorite! Every year around the first of March we do something fun to celebrate the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, Dr. Seuss. This year we made a batch of Green Eggs and Ham and we even served these yummy little muffin cups in appropriate fashion with a Dr. Seuss costume!
We opted for this simple and tasty way to commemorate a very important birthday with eggs, broccoli (for the green), cubed ham, and cheddar cheese baked into a muffin cup!
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 6oz frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray (or use silicone muffin pan).
- Beat eggs with wisk and add milk (just like you are making scrambled eggs).
- Add broccoli, ham, and ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Using a measuring cup, fill each muffin cup to full.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 34 minutes or until eggs are firm and golden brown.
- Serve it up in your Dr. Seuss costume (for added fun)!
Our Green Eggs and Ham were a hit and the kids had a ball with the Cat in the Hat outfit! The red and white striped tall hat, oversized red bow tie, and pair of white gloves made for the perfect Dr. Seuss birthday celebration! My daughter will be wearing the outfit to school on March 2nd for even more Dr. Seuss fun! No doubt everyone, young and old(er), will recongize her as one of their favorite characters!