Visit Lewiston’s Sweet Spot, The Cupcakery!

If you live in or around the city of Lewiston, Maine, you may have heard word of The Cupcakery. If not, you are missing out.

cupcakery1

I had driven by this delicious sounding spot and immediately spied the pink and white signage. The Cupcakery? This had to be good. Really, an entire store dedicated to cupcake deliciousness?

If you’re familiar with Lisbon Street in Lewiston than you know the last few years has brought lots of new and exciting businesses back. We’ve suffered decades of empty store fronts on what was once a thriving one way street full of interesting shops . The influx of new business and remodeled buildings has set the stage for a new era on Lisbon Street. The Cupcakery joined the neighborhood and opened it’s doors in 2014. Almost a year later, they are providing incredible cupcakes, a modest breakfast and lunch menu, catering, and are even offering cake decorating classes!

cupcakerysign

Don’t be fooled by the name of this sweet establishment. While cupcakes are certainly the passion, the Cupcakery offers other bakery favorites too like brownies, cake pops, cookies, and whoopie pies, as well as seasonal specials. Keep an eye out for pies at Thanksgiving and chocolate covered strawberries around Valentine’s Day! And, if you’re feeling more like a meal than a treat, stop in for breakfast or lunch and try a breakfast sandwich and a hot cup of coffe, a bowl of Cheddar & Broccoli soup, a Roast Beef sandwich, or a Cranberry Almond Chicken salad! You’ll feel right at home in the comfy, cozy eat-in area of the shop. You can enjoy your meal while people-watching out the big sidewalk windows!

cupcakery2

While everything looks delicious, the cupcakes at The Cupcakery speak to me. Made from scratch, these cupcakes are moist and soft. Piled high with sweet creamy frosting and sometimes a decorative treat, these look amazing and taste even better. Their best seller is the Peanut Butter Cup (which was definitely my family’s favorite), but I have to give a shout out to the Carrot and Very Vanilla too!

cupcakery4

To have such a versatile bakery right downtown is a treat! The sweetest part of The Cupcakery is that it’s a non-profit business funded by Opportunity Enterprises, Inc. (OEI) which is an agency (located in Auburn) dedicated to supporting adults with cognitive and intellectual impairments. All of the profits from The Cupcakery go to this agency to help fund various programs offered at OEI. Supporting these individuals by teaching job skills in a retail setting and with a competitive wage is the mission of The Cupcakery. That, and of course baking amazing cupcakes from scratch with top quality ingredients!

cupcakery3

Be sure to stop in and check out The Cupcakery! Their delicious cupcakes (and other treats) will have you coming back! Keep an eye out at Lewiston and Auburn public events like the Ice Festival, Sidewalk Art Show, and Taste of L/A event for The Cupcakery too! Always supporting the community they serve, The Cupcakery sometimes even makes Pupcakes for ASPCA adoption weekends! Truly, there is something for everyone at The Cupcakery!

You can connect with The Cupcakery on Facebook and Twitter too!

1. Patricia says:

These cupcakes look so delicious. I never heard of the cupcakery and love how they are supporting such a great cause. Cupcakes are one of my favorite sweets and wish we had one of these close by to us.

2. Natalie says:

These cupcakes are flawless and make me hungry! I never heard the word “cupcakery” that’s cute! I’ve been trying to stay away from desserts, so I havent had a cupcake in forever but these would make me break that habit fast and gain like 10 lbs lol

3. Nancy Lustri says:

Oh my! This is the cutest cupcakery I have ever seen! I want the clam cupcakes! Such a great idea for a birthday party. Love the charming store-front too – very inviting! Will definitely check this place out! 🙂

4. Vera Sweeney says:

Oh I am always in the mood for a good cupcake!!! All of these look absolutely heavenly to eat!! I love finding new shops like this when we go to places and towns so many amazing treats to choose from.

5. What an amazing place. I would start with the Roast Beef sandwich and top it off with the Peanut Butter Cup cupcake.

6. Holy sweetness, you can just hand me a couple of those cupcakes and I’d be in my glory. I’m a cupcake addict like you wouldn’t believe. We aren’t lucky enough to have any type of bakery around here. It’s probably a good thing because I’d be at the cupcakery on a daily basis.

7. jess says:

You had me at cupcake! I am a real sweets girl, and cupcakes seem to be all the rage right now. This place looks fun and delisious. Sounds like a fun place for lunch too. My hubby and I like to take short trips and see what there is, and I love discovering treasures in different cities. Thank you!

8. I can tell from the photos and your explanation that I would totally love these cupcakes, especially the peanut butter cup. The fact that the shop is a non-profit serving a great cause is icing on the cake. I’ll have to stop by if I’m ever in the area.

9. Chrissy Mazzocchi says:

I live in Florida so I don’t live anyhere near there but man I wish I did! I LOVE cupcakes 🙂

10. Katarina K says:

My soft spot, right here. Damn cupcakes, will never resist them!

11. Beth says:

These look amazing! We’ve been trying all the local cupcake places here in Chicago. There’s just something about cupcakes!

12. Stephen says:

YUM these look so cute and delicious!!!

13. Oh those cupcakes look amazing!! I love cupcakes they are one of my favorites shops to try when we travel.

14. Franc Ramon says:

I love cupcakes. They do have really enticing and tempting cupcakes here.

15. Wow! These look and sound amazing!!! I’m not even a really big cupcake fan but when they look like this, I’ll give in 😉

16. geanine says:

Cupcakes are 110% my downfall! These look so yummy, I am going to tell my friends in Maine about The Cupcakery!

17. CourtneyLynne says:

omg I’m not really a sweets person but cupcakes are definitely my weakness! This place looks pretty delicious:)

18. Echo says:

Those cupcakes look AMAZING and I love a great bowl of Broccoli Cheese soup! If I am ever in Maine, I know where I am heading!

19. Jeanine says:

Oh yum. I love me some cupcakes. I haven’t ever gone into a cupcakery before. I think I need to see if I can find one around me. These look GREAT!

20. Tanya Lara says:

The cupcakes look delicious. I live near a cupcake shop, too. It’s always filled with people every time I pass by — and mostly adults, haha!

21. Athena says:

That sounds like a great little place to stop – something for everyone. The cranberry chicken salad speaks to me! When I get back up to Maine in May I will have to make a trip. And their social contribution piece is amazing and I really feel like I need to be a part of that…

22. Heather says:

Oh these look great! I love little bakeries like this. They are some pretty unique eatable yet so artistic little cakes.

23. coolchillmom says:

What a great cupcake place!!! That would be the end of my sugar restricted diet!

24. Andrea says:

Always scouting for cupcake or pastry shops. I usually judge based on the shop’s atmosphere, customer service, packaging and of course to delicious TASTE! This place hits all three 😀

25. Carra D says:

What a cute little shop, and those cupcakes look really good! My mouth is watering just looking at these photos.

26. Brook Devis says:

i love cupcakes. Unfortunatly i dnt live there i live in italy. So i cant go to that bakery and check these yammi cupcakes… They seems to be so tasty

27. Krysta says:

SO happy I don’t live ANYWHERE near this! It would be good ridden’s for me and my (attempt) at a waistline! A girl can dream though, right? Thanks for the yummy looking pictures!

28. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

Cupcakes are like kryptonite to me. I can’t walk past a cupcake shop and not get at least 3 cupcakes. This place sounds ah-mazing.