Where do you keep your fruits? #FruitBowl

fruithammock

My kids are fruit fanatics so I always try to have a variety on hand. It doesn’t usually last long in our house, but occasionally a stray apple, banana, or orange escapes behind a basket, box, or some other clutter on my counter. Akwardly shaped fruits refuse to fit in the baskets I’ve used to keep our fruits. Glass bowls can be beautiful, but dangerous in a house full of kids. So, my fruits sometimes roll around the counters, moving from spot to spot. To be clear, finding fruits that have been hiding out for a week or more can be easy…just follow the fruit flies or maybe even the smell. The stylish two-tier hammock style #FruitBowl from Francois et Mimi is the perfect answer!

Keeping all our fruits easily accessible and in view, makes it easy to grab a piece of fruit for a snack…versus lurking into the depths of our cabinets to find the processed snacks that I occasionally hide away. This fruit storage solution also offers a way to keep fruits “together”, but separated enough to discourage off-gassing too. There’s nothing worse than throwing away what was perfectly good fruits because they’ve spoiled prematurely sitting together (or hiding behind the stack of mail I’ve yet to get to). As some fruits and vegetables ripen, they release ethylene which is a gas that can cause other  fruits to rot…becoming spotted, soft, or mealy. Yuck.

fruit hammock

With two large swinging baskets, this fruit bowl offers up a lot of fruit and makes for a beautiful presentation. I’m planning on using it as an eye-catching chrome centerpiece for get-togethers too. Lining each basket with a cloth napkin (to catch any crumbs) and filling them with goodies like muffins, donuts, rolls or biscuits would be a great way to serve these foods at the table. It’s sturdy and stable and can hold a lot of food.

Want to keep your fruit more available? You can find the Francois et Mimi double hammock fruit bowl on Amazon.com for just $12.99! There are no shipping fees for Amazon Prime members either. Showcase your favorite fruits (or other foods) in this kitchen must-have!

1. Trisha says:

I really like this fruit bowl and think it would be great for our kitchen! We usually buy a lot of fruit and sometimes I’ll have to use 2 separate bowls to hold it all.

2. That is a really nice fruit bowl. I normally keep our fruit in a dish on the counter. I would love to have a nice bowl like this one.

3. Kerri says:

I love this fruit basket. It would be perfect in my house!

4. Debi says:

I need something like that. Mine gets pushed to the back of the cabinet and ends up going bad

5. kerri says:

What a great fruit holder. I love the 2 levels to keep the fruit separated.

6. Kristin says:

I used to have something similar to that and it broke. I need another one!

7. If I had more girls, this would work. I have mainly boys, 4 and another on the way. we only have one girl lol. The boys are so rough! I like this though, nice way to hold the fruits.

8. Krystal says:

I could use one of those. Certainly would streamline my counter space!

9. The basket does make a wonderful presentation.

This is a beautiful basket. It would look great in my kitchen!

I just keep them in a bowl on the table. This looks better though. 🙂

12. Not only is this fruit bowl nice, but also convenient! I will have to look into getting myself one!

I like that. Pretty and functional

14. That is such a nice way to store and display fruit. It would look great on my kitchen counter!

15. Heather says:

I really like that fruit bowl!

16. Lara says:

This is so cute! I have one that the bananas hang on top and I put other fruit on the bottom.

17. Lexie Lane says:

I used to get so annoyed with fruit flies so I always keep them in my fridge. This looks really nice though!

18. That is a great fruit bowl. We have something similiar but not as big spaces.

19. This is so funny! My husband and I were looking at something similar yesterday and he said we didn’t need one and I said we did. I lost.

20. Jennifer B says:

This is a really pretty and neat way to keep fruit handy! My kids eat a LOT of fruit and I could really use one of these!

21. I definitely need to invest in one of these. We always have a ton of fruit around, and storing it a little more vertically would help, plus it really does help it stay fresh longer!

22. lisa says:

I love the look of this fruit hanger! I have multiple matching bowls for each type of fruit but I like this better!

23. Terri says:

gorgeous fruit bowl, I’ve been trying to find one but no luck yet!

24. Debbie L. says:

This post made me laugh when I opened it. After 38 years of marriage where we keep our fruit – we still can not agree. I love room temperature fruit -my hubby is a cold fruit guy! The hammock would be perfect for me to put my share on the fruit on the counter! Yep we split the fruit in half! I know childish but we do it! LOL

25. becca says:

My fruit bowl is in the middle of the table but I have to say i like this hammock one even better.

26. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I usually just keep ,mine on the counter in a bowl. Or in the fridge.

27. Britney says:

This looks like the perfect basket! I’ve been trying to figure out what kind of basket I should get and now I know!

28. I am a fruit fanatic too! Thanks for the tip

29. Theresa says:

That’ so adorable. I think that would inspire me to eat more fruit too. 🙂