Make Snow Ice Cream in just minutes!

snowicecream3

It’s another snow day in New England! My kiddos are enjoying a deluge of snow today with over 2 feet predicted! What to do with all of this fresh powder? Make snow ice cream, of course.

I might head out to the grocery store to pick up a few essentials the day before a big storm, but one thing I never have to grab is ice cream because I know we can make our own! With just a few ingredients, we can have Snow Ice Creamย that is smooth, flavorful, and maybe a bit icy, but definitely delicious!

snowicecream

Here’s our Snow Ice Cream recipe:

Ingredients:

8 cups fresh snow

1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)

1 tsp vanilla

(add 1 tbsp baking cocoa for chocolate snow ice cream)

Directions:

Collect 8 cups of snow in a big bowl. Pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in and mix. If you would like to try the chocolate version just add 1 tbsp of baking cocoa. Stir until everything is combined and the snow looks more like ice cream consistency. Top with your favorites like chocolate or caramel syrup, sprinkles, or cookie pieces. Enjoy!

I’m certain there are several other flavors you could try like banana, almond, or lemon? Substituting the vanilla extract for your choice of extract flavoring will do the job! I’ve also seen several other versions of Snow Ice Cream that ask for adding 1 cup of milk or half and half and 1/2 cup of sugar in lieu of the sweetened condensed milk. So, if you don’t happen to have a can in the pantry you can always try it that way too! I think the sweetened condensed milk makes the Snow Ice Cream creamier and sweet…almost exactly like you buy at the store!

1. This is such a fun idea. My children and I love to eat snow.

2. This is so cool! If we had kids, I would definitely be doing this. I will have to save the idea for the future.

3. Krystal says:

I never would have thought to come up with this idea. What an awesome craft for my son to do!

4. This is so easy. My daughter would love to make snow ice cream

5. How is that weather on your end? Snow is something I don’t miss. I love the snow recipe though, it does look very tasty.

• SavingCmnCents says:

We just got 27 inches two days ago…and YES, it is snowing again right now! lol..another 8-10 inches forecasted for today. ๐Ÿ™‚ We’ve got plenty to share!

6. I keep seeing snow icecream and I need to try this next time it snows!

7. wow this is awesome, I wish it snowed in Florida. I would so make this for my kids.

8. Lorane says:

Hey.. I was wondering if you left a bowl to collect the Snow or was it scooped up? This looks like a fun tasty recipe for the kids:-)

9. We had a little snow the other day but it did not stick. I am hoping we don’t get to make snow cream this year but I am sure Mother Nature has other things in mind.

10. Tawanna says:

Whaat!? That’s crazy. I can’t wait until it snows here again and I do this with the kids.

11. shauna says:

I wish we had snow here!!

12. I love this whole idea! It makes me wish I still lived on the East Coast instead of Southern California!

13. Shauna Smart says:

This is such a great idea! I bet it’s delicious!

Seriously???? I think this sounds so so so awesome. I’m scared to do it though, we have deer that mark the territory too often, lol. Big bummer!

15. Heather says:

I’ve never made snow ice cream but I’ve heard its great!

16. We have plenty of snow on the ground already, and plenty more falling as I type. This looks like a fun thing to do!

17. I LOVE snow cream!! I am not a fan of snow, but snow cream ALMOST makes it worth it! ๐Ÿ™‚

18. becca says:

I haven’t made snow ice cream in years. Here in Fl we don’t’ get snow so been a long time.

19. Sally says:

What a super COOL idea

20. Lenze says:

Great idea! You can’t go hungry with snow around lol

21. what a fun idea, I wish we had a little more snow at times so we could make this. although that would mean school out for a week.

22. I’m not a fan of snow, but I think I could really get into this ice cream! ๐Ÿ˜‰

23. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I would love to make this for my boys! I bet they would love it.

24. Talia says:

Oh my nieces and nephews would love this!

25. Missy says:

This looks so yummy! Definitely giving this a try!