Maple Hill Naturals Offers 100% Natural Body Care Products (that work)!

maplehill

I used to be a body wash fanatic. There are so many fragrances and the pretty packaging promising so many amazing benefits is alluring. But, after taking a closer look at the ingredient list on the back of these flashy bottles, I wasn’t sure exactly what was in the shower with me. BHA, Parabens, Triclosan, and other harmful chemicals lace those familiar body washes that I used to stock up on and use on my body every day! Come to find out the primary ingredient in those big, bulky bottles is water. Yep, you’re paying upwards of $6.00 or more for nasty chemials and water. Maybe you save a little with coupons, but is it worth getting a good deal on something that is potentially hazardous to your and your family’s health? And, that scary list of toxicness isn’t limited to just body washes. There are some bar soaps out there that are just as bad.

I figured out the best way to avoid slathering my body in chemicals every day is to search out natural options. Yes, those bars of earthy goodness spiked with essential oils (or not, preference pending) will not only clean your skin, they won’t leave harsh toxins on your body either. Maple HIll Naturals offers 100% natural premium products with ingredients I recognize like olive oil, water, coconut oil, palm oil, and sodium hydroxide (or lye). I recently tried their Lavender Vanilla Dream Essential Oil Soap, Shampoo, and Lip Balm gift set and was thrilled to find that these quality handmade products actually produce results.

maplehillnaturals1

Lavender Vanilla Dream Essential Oil Soap

Not only does the handmade glycerin soap produce a decent lather, the oatmeal ingredient makes for a gentle exfoliant too. Made with the time honored cold processing technique, this soap has a subtle hint of lavender and vanilla bean and gives off a relaxing fragrance and leaves you feeling clean. And, the bonus is it leaves some of those natural oils in my skin, not stripping it raw. Oatmeal is really great for your skin because it moisturizes. Did you know it has polysaccharides that make a gel when mixed with water to help soften skin and it also has healthy fats to help repair and revitalize skin (which is really important to me now that I’m 40).

maplehillnaturals

Lavender Vanilla Dream Shampoo & Conditioning Bar

Finishing off that heavenly shower by shampooing and conditioning my hair with a “bar” of soap definitely took some getting used to. That being said, I found this bar to lather well and rinse out easily leaving a faint relaxing scent of lavender and fresh vanilla. After using it just for a few days, my hair is noticeably softer.

Vanilla Dream Lip Balm

The Maple Hill Naturals Vanilla Dream lip balm is thick and goes on easily. As soon as it’s applied, it’s easy to feel the moisturizing protection from all of winter’s harsh elements. There is no sparkly shimmer or glitter, but this lip balm works. It fends off those red, dry, chapped lips and leaves your lips soft and supple and smelling great.

The quality body care products (and Dryer Balls too) of Maple HIll Naturals offer us a natural alternative to those overprocessed, chemically created products that are out there. Not to mention, this Mom-run small business is eco-friendly and socially responsible. This is an added bonus in my book. I love that a portion of each sale goes to charity. Be sure to visit their online store HERE to see all the natural products available. You can keep up to date with their line of natural goodies and show them some love on their social media outlets too! Find them on Facebook HERE, follow them on Twitter HERE, or follow them on Google+ HERE.

Feel good about protecting your skin, hair, and lips with the natural body care products from Maple Hill Naturals!

disclaimer

1. You had me at”…after taking a closer look at the ingredient list on the back of these flashy bottles, I wasn’t sure exactly what was in the shower with me. BHA, Parabens, Triclosan, and other harmful chemicals lace those familiar body washes…” Believe me, I totally empathize with you because I too used to covet those sweet-smelling body-pampering products. My hubby and I came home from hotel stays with loads of seductive freebies — toxic, additive and chemical-filled body washes, soaps, shampoos and conditioners! Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power so I am so pleased to read that Maple Hill Naturals are 100% natural and free of harsh chemicals, additives, artificial colors and phthalates. Thank you so much for sharing this helpful product review on the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

2. Heather Wone says:

These products sound great! My children and I have extremely sensitive skin, as well as eczema, so I am always looking for less harsh products to use. I will defiantly be looking into these, thanks!

3. Nancy says:

I too use their products and love them! The soap bar is amazing. My hair has improved so much and stays cleaner longer without all that buildup.
    All natural products are the way to go and this company is small business, doing the right things.

4. I normally use body wash too. But this looks interesting

5. Danyelle says:

I love the container it comes it! Looks like a great soap – will try!

6. Cara says:

This sounds like a great product! I love homemade soaps!

7. Glad to see this, I try to use only natural products w/out all the junk inside.

8. Vonnie says:

I love natural products! The shampoo bar sounds interesting. Never heard of these before. Thanks!

9. LOVE homemade soups and natural products!

10. these sound awesome, I like how safe they are to use with no chemicals!

11. Love the gentle natural products like this. I like that they’re an eco-responsible company too!

12. That exfoliating soap looks great! I live in lip balm on a daily basis – so anything that helps fend off chapped lips is a win in my book!

13. Brandi says:

I love love love handmade soaps. It’s something about the smell and texture. Speaking of which, I need to order some more.

14. Sandra says:

This is truly body care not extra anything like chemicals. Love it

15. DawnC says:

Oh! They have shampoo bars! Off to check them out! I only use all natural soap and shampoo bars.

16. I’m such a sucker for a natural bar of soap. I used to love body washes and all those scented frilly things, but I have found that I love the all natural, handmade products even more.

17. lisa jones says:

Souns Yummy Smelling And I Bet It Sootha & Leaves Your Skin So Soft!!

18. Pam says:

I had not heard of Maple Hill Naturals before. I thought it was going to be syrup! 🙂 This soap does look really good.

19. Nicole Brady says:

I have problems with sensitive skin so the right soap makes all the difference between happy/comfortable and itchy/miserable. Several years ago, my mom purchased goat’s milk soap and oatmeal soap from a local specialty store and I realized what a difference it makes. I still gravitate toward those. I’ve never tried ones advertised as including essential oils though. I’ll have to check it out.

20. Tina says:

I have read of this before but I had forgotten the name. Thanks for the friendly and useful reminder.

21. My sister in law just had a baby 10 days ago and she’s a vegan, so I bet she would love these.

I have heard of these before but could not remember the name. Thanks so much for sharing.

23. Jennifer B says:

I will be taking a look at these products! They sound wonderful and so much better for you than the chemical filled stuff.

24. Dee says:

I love the packaging and the way it all looks. I wish it was scratch and sniff!

25. Rachael says:

I’ve never heard of Maple Hill Naturals before. It looks like they have some great products. I love lavender!

26. brett says:

yay for no harsh chemicals and natural ingredients! that’s what we look for in our body care