Teaching Kids About Money with the Money Savvy Soccer Ball Bank!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
soccer bank

I learned about how to handle money mostly from my parents. There was no crash course in school on how to be financially responsible. I picked up on how to live week to week, bounce checks once in awhile, and not make the best fiscal choices simply by watching how my parents did it. The idea of a savings account with something actually in it was foreign to me. And, although I always wanted to contribute to some charitable cause, I was never in a position to do so. Overloaded credit cards, bad loans, and a poor credit score soon became my reality. It’s not easy to climb out of that hole once you’re in it.

Now that I’m almost 40, I have a better handle on money. How to spend, save, and invest wisely. I stick to a budget (for the most part) and divide up our income accordingly. My hope is that my kids will be watching me now. While I’m far from perfect when it comes to money, I hope my kids will be learn the basics of good money management way sooner than I did.

A great way to introduce kids to managing their money is by using the Money Savvy Soccer Ball bank! With four separate see-through chambers clearly marked for saving, spending, investing, and donating, kids can see their goals being met. Designed to show kids how to manage money, this fun and interactive resource comes with a set of glittery goal setting stickers to help kids track their goals for each of their money choices and a guide on how to get started!

This money managment tool has been the perfect way to get my girls really excited about being in control of what’s in their piggy bank! They decided to set some great goals including saving up for a family trip to the movies and piling up some dough for a generous donation to our local animal shelter. I love that this is a fun hands-on way that will help prepare my girls to get started at a young age for financial success.

You can get your kids excited about being smart with their money too! Reasonably priced at just $19.99, this Parent’s Choice Gold Award winning tool will pay for itself quickly with the savvy budgeting skills it teaches.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1. Esther says:

I am trying to find a way to teach my daughter about money. This would be a great way to start. Thanks!

2. Rhonda Yvsg says:

Great idea and perfect timing. 2014 sounds like a fine time to give our kids something like this Money Savvy Bank. 🙂

3. Debi says:

That is a great bank. It would make any soccer fan happy.

4. This is such a good idea. Kids like doing things better when it seems fun and interesting and this defintely fits the bill.

5. This is such a neat idea. I love the idea of incorporating a sport into it.

6. Cynthia says:

What a great bank and what a great way to teach kids about saving. Saving can be hard, but if you have a fun way to do it, you can really add up the money!

7. love this, I so need to get these for my boys – what a great concept to teach the importance of money!

8. I didn’t really learn money management skills from childhood because it all came easy to me. I learned the hard way through falling into major debt. Now I’ve got it figured out!

9. Now THAT is cool! I love the compartments!

10. I love the classic piggy, but this one is really fun! I wonder if it would help my son save more?

11. Shanna says:

We haven’t started money lessons with our little on yet (she’s three), but when we do, something like this will come in very handy!

12. katherine says:

This is a great way to teach kids about money!

13. Tina Ashburn says:

What a great idea! I love the fact that you can see all 4 chambers and watch your money grow!

14. trisha says:

I think my husband would like this one!

15. Deborah says:

What a great way to learn about saving money! I’m going to look into getting one for my grandson.

16. Amy Desrosiers says:

This has got to be such a cool money saving tool for kids! I totally want one!

17. Angela says:

This looks like a fun way to help kids learn the value of saving money.

18. Ave says:

Wow, Money Savvy Soccer Ball bank is so cool! It’s a perfect way to teach your kids about money.

19. Jennifer B says:

This is so cute and I think my older kids would really love it and learn so much about saving money with it too.

20. Tracie says:

I love the way it separates the money without having to have four separate banks. Brilliant.

What a great bank and fantastic way to teach savings

22. I really love this idea to help kids see and practice the value of saving money! And since my 11 year old has spent his life in travel soccer this is right up his alley!

23. Helene Cohen Bludman says:

This is such a great idea. This teaches kids about money on a level they can understand at a young age.

24. brett says:

that’s a COOL bank for kids. i love when companies can get products that teach and relate to kids’ everyday life!

25. Lisa says:

That’s a pretty awesome bank!