KettlePizza: Make Woodfired Pizza in Your Own Backyard!

One of my goals this summer is to master the grill. When the weather is hot and humid, and I still have four kids to feed, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. And, yet, I’m hesitant to throw steaks, burgers, or ribs on the grill with any confidence that they will be edible. Besides, I’m not much of a carnivore so none of those things really appeal to me and the kids would much rather have pizza. With that being said…
Check out the KettlePizza.

You can easily turn your charcoal grill into a woodfired pizza oven and make fresh homemade pizza (with your favorite toppings) right in your own backyard! The KettlePizza works with all kettle style grills, including Weber, which is the grill we have. The KettlePizza kit is made from stainless steel and includes a hi-temp thermometer and wood handles. Super easy to install with easy to follow directions, you simply place the cooking chamber right on top of your grill. My KettlePizza was up and ready to go within minutes.With a pile of charcoal briquets and a few small pieces of driftwood from our latest day at the beach, I had a nice 550 degree oven ready for prime pizza baking. The open front was perfect for watching the small flames lick the bottom and edges of the pizza and made the woodfired-feel complete.

I used both the KettlePizza cordierite pizza stone and their heavy gauge aluminum pan for separate pizzas as with a family of 6, we can eat. I love the pan for a thicker crust pizza and the stone for more of a thin crust pizza. Both gave us an evenly browned crust that was crisp and chewy, but not hard or brittle. And, the toppings were well-cooked with gooey cheese strings pulling between slices!
I’ve been a pizza crazy person lately with my new KettlePizza and we’ve tried (at least) a dozen different toppings. Next time I’m going to try a breakfast pizza!

If you’re nervous about working with pizza dough, not to worry! I tried both homemade dough (right out of the bread machine) and the refrigerated dough in the canisters at the store. Both came out great and without complaint! I was really surprised at how evenly the pies cook. No misshapen edges or crazy dough bubbles at all.Β And, I absolutely love (and totally suggest) the KettlePizza Pro-Peel, an aluminum pizza paddle that is perfectly sized and easy to manipulate.

The KettlePizza is the most fun I’ve had this summer using our grill! I’ve gained so much grill-confidence with the help of this sturdy, easy to mount cooking chamber complete with a thermometer and open faced front. I will be using our KettlePizza often. Pricey take-out (at least for pizza) is a thing of the past at our house.

Being able to turn out hot, fresh pizzas for our family get-togethers will knock the socks off those sometimes boring hotdogs and hamburgers! Forget all the condiments and toasting the buns…all you need is a pizza cutter! Oh, and don’t forget the fixings for S’mores (if you’re not stuffed with pizza)! Just lift up the cooking chamber, carefully, as it will be seriously hot, and you’ll have a great bed of ashed charcoal for toasting marshmallows. πŸ™‚

I received a KettlePizza kit for review purposes only. No other compensation was made. Regardless, my opinion is 100% my own. Full Disclosure.

1. Shari G says:

We make pizza in our oven all the time, but this right here…that’s sheer awesomeness!! Wow very cool!!

Thanks for linking up with my comment love. You can link up again πŸ™‚

2. WOW!! I really need one of these! That pizza looks YUMMY πŸ™‚

3. couponwahm says:

I so need one of these! Who would have thought..pizza on a grill. Thanks for sharing.

4. WOW nice–I never thought of cooking a pizza on the grill! Looks YUMMY

5. Thanks looks like the best pizza ever!
    Going to find the kit now!

6. That looks AMAZING! My husband loves to grill, but I get bored of the same meats and the grill flavor, but if I had THIS outside I would seriously just make a pizza right beside him and everything would be perfect! haha πŸ™‚

7. Maggie Dory says:

That is so cool! An outdoor pizza oven is definitely on my list of wants for my dream house, but I could just get this in the meantime!

• I love the idea of a built-in outdoor pizza oven, but this is great too because it’s totally portable and I can take it with us camping…or under cover when it rains! πŸ™‚

8. makoy says:

wow. love to have this.

9. Ashley says:

This looks awesome!! I would love to have one of those for my own use.

10. Aprile Mazey says:

My husband would love that! I think I will get him that for Christmas. I never knew these existed.

11. That looks amazing – me and the other half are suckers for pizza this would be so up our street!

12. That looks amazing! I really like this and in your own backyard!!! I love it!

13. mail4rosey says:

That's amazing, actually. I'm sending the link to hubby he might really want one!

14. Victoria says:

This sounds nice. I wish I had one of these.

15. Masquerade21 says:

Your pictures have made me so hungry, I wish I had one of these now x
    (Breige McBride)

16. Oh my goodness – that looks AMAZING!! YUM – now I need some pizza!

17. Momma Lew says:

That looks absolutely delicious!

18. AWESOME MAchine! Since I can't eat takeout pizza anymore this would be awesome when I make GF pizza at home!

19. Ronnie E. says:

What a smart and practical idea! I want one of these for my next camping trip.

20. Tammy Graham says:

This sounds like a great thing for us to do while we are camping. We take a charcoal grill with us and not always does "meat" sound good for supper.

21. Victoria M says:

We eat pizza often I think we would really like this.

22. OMG that looks delicious! Totatlly want to try this out tonight! thanks for the fab and yummy post! xo xo

23. Staci Luker says:

This is so neat!!!! Love this!

24. Wow! This is really neat… I've never heard of it! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

25. Kelly Whaley says:

Oh, that looks yummy! Its breakfast time and I am finding myself wanting PIZZA now!

26. mail4rosey says:

Oh my gosh, yes please. My fave (always). πŸ™‚

27. Jin Dui says:

Ohhh that looks really good. I'd definitely like to try this out.

28. FaVe Mom says:

I had Pizza Hut tonight, this would have been so much better!