Five on Friday: June 28th, 2013
Five things that make me happy this Friday:
1) I went strawberry picking with the kids and my niece and nephew this week. With 6 little hands plucking, we brought home a flat overloaded with ripe, red berries! I love the growing season and there is nothing like enjoying the “fruits” of labor. So far we’ve got 10 pints of low-sugar jam in the cupboard and we enjoyed mounds of fresh strawberry shortcake.
2) My husband had a whole day off. Tuesday we took the kids to Funtown/Splashtown, a local amusement/water park and spent the entire day slipping down water slides and riding round and round on every ride we came across. It was super humid and while the waterpark was busy, the amusement park was empty…so the kids had their pick of rides and were able to go on again and again!
3) My youngest daughter is obsessed this week with the classic movie “101 Dalmatians”. I loved this movie too when I was little and it warms my heart that she is enjoying it too. Although, maybe we don’t need to watch it twice everyday? I love that at 3 years old, she calls Cruella DeVille a “bully just like Captain Hook”.
4) Speaking of my 3 year old’s vocabulary…this week I enjoyed a few language LOLs with her. We had “Bunch Byes”…that would be French Fries and we had to wear our “Baby Soup”, or bathing suit. I think it’s adorable how some words come out.
5) The garden is growing. With the pattern of sun, rain, and humidity we’ve been having everything in the garden is sprouting. Including weeds. It’s time for me to get out there and start weeding. I’m so excited at the prospect of what we’ll be harvesting this year.